- Bicycling Resources
- Bike to Work Day
Get Your Employees Riding on Bike to Work Day
1. Make Sure Your Employees Know About Bike to Work Day.
• Hang the enclosed poster in a common area. Print more copies from the Bike to Work Day Employer Resources section at 511.org
• Send an email with links to helpful bike commuting tips. Visit 511.org for a sample email.
2. Inspire Your Employees
• Ask an employee who bikes to be the company “Bike Ambassador” to answer questions about the best routes to work and where to park bicycles.
• Plan a Bike to Work Day event or reward for employees who bike.
3. Show Employees How Easy it is to Bike to Work
• Biking is healthy, cost effective and convenient!
• Host a brown bag lunch and invite bike commuting employees to share their experiences, answer questions, etc.
• Helpful information to get started can be found at 511.org
4. Take Part in the Team Bike Challenge
Register your staff team online at 511.org and challenge other Bay Area commuters and win great prizes for bike commuting during the month of May.
5. Ready to Make Everyday Bike to Work Day?
Visit the Bike to Work Day Employer Resources section of 511.org for tips to encourage bicycle commuting